University of Utah Logo

  • Media Contacts
  • News Releases
  • Article Submissions
  • All Categories
  • Arts & Humanities
  • Campus Life
  • Equity & Diversity
  • Health & Medicine
  • Humans of the U
  • Law & Politics
  • Science & Technology
  • Sustainability
  • University Statements
  • Announcements
  • Submit an event
  • U Rising Podcast
  • About the U

Powered By Google Search

U travel clinic open

The Travel Clinic at University of Utah Health is open, with full operations. That means you can receive all your vaccines for travel, study abroad, and humanitarian missions.

For your travel list, remember:

  • The clinic back to full operations
  • The clinic will provide important travel information to keep you safe and healthy
  • Carries a wide range of vaccines, including Yellow Fever
  • Prices are competitive, even with state-funded programs
  • Insurance can be billed for most services

If your travel does not go as planned, when you return head to the post travel clinic for travel related illnesses.

To learn more, and to make an appointment, click here .


Free for u: publishing open access just got easier and affordable.

Did you hear? Researchers at the University of Utah can now publish open access at no cost to them.

Career Fest 2024: Lights, Camera, Career

Discover your future starring role at Career Fest 2024! Join us for two weeks of career-building events.

Calling all young Utah Republicans

With Super Tuesday just around the corner, KUER and PBS Utah will hold a “voter round table” with a small group of Gen Z and Millennial Republican voters.

Found Property Notice for February 2024

The U’s Department of Public Safety is advertising a list of found property stored in the Public Safety Building. Unclaimed property will be disposed of on Feb. 15, 2024.

Retirement plans and benefits advisory committee meetings

Both meetings are open for any university employee to view.

Academic Senate meeting

The next meeting of the Academic Senate is Monday, Feb. 5, from 3-5:30 p.m.

Last call for distinguished mentor nominees

The deadline for nominations is approaching.

Check out new Marriott Library collections

Several new significant journals, newspapers, eBooks and more have been purchased by the Marriott Library. These new collections available for the University of Utah students, faculty and staff.

Town halls scheduled for Global U Vision

The Office for Global Engagement is undergoing an important strategic planning process and wants campus involvement.

Google Search

Student Health Center

Student affairs, main navigation, immunization hours and pricing, immunizations.

Please call and make an appointment for the following immunizations, titers, and TB tests*.  Hours for appointments are Monday – Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. (Closed Wed. 12 pm-2 pm)

Travel Immunizations

All travel immunizations require an appointment with a Provider.  Visit fee charged for appointment plus the cost of immunizations. To schedule an appointment please call 801-581-6431.

University of Utah Logo

  • Global Programs
  • Student Resources
  • Faculty Resources
  • Global U Branding
  • Global U Inventory
  • Scholarships and Fellowships
  • Partnerships
  • Internships
  • Global Travel Safety
  • Office For Global Engagement
  • Learning Abroad
  • International Student & Scholar Services
  • Asia Campus Board of Directors
  • Eccles Global
  • English Language Institute
  • Global Health
  • Global Change & Sustainability Center
  • Hinckley Institute
  • International & Area Studies
  • International Alumni
  • Sustainability Inventory
  • West Africa Program

Powered By Google Search

Global U Office for Global Engagement

Global travel safety: faqs, emergency support.

Individuals requiring assistance abroad should contact the area’s emergency services and then the University’s international assistance provider (CISI/Team-Assist) at + 1 312 935 1703.

More information on Emergency Support


University of utah international travel insurance.

The University of Utah Permanent Travel Safety and Insurance Rule  (2018) outlines the travel registration and insurance enrollment requirements for all University-affiliated  travel to international locations.  All University members (faculty, staff and students) are required to enroll in University of Utah Group International Health Insurance Coverage for their dates of international travel.

University of Utah international insurance coverage is provided by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) and contains (4) principal elements:

  • CISI  Health Insurance  for travelers (Accident and Sickness)
  • Team Assist (AXA)  24/7 Traveler Assistance  (Medical, Travel and Technical)
  • Emergency Medical and Security  Evacuation
  • International Travel Health and Safety  Intelligence

Review the information below for detailed information about each component

CISI Health Insurance for Travelers (Accident and Sickness)

University of Utah travelers can review the following documents for common questions regarding insurance policy coverage, benefits, and claims.

  • 2024 Policy Brochure
  • 2024 Medical, Repatriation and Security Coverage
  • 2024 CISI Claim Form
  • 2024 CISI Dependent Enrollment Form

Team Assist (AXA) 24/7 Traveler Assistance (Medical, Travel and Legal)

University of Utah travelers have 24/7 access to medical, security and travel assistance provided though Team Assist (AXA) .  Team Assist representatives can be reached by phone or email at any time in order to provide emergency assistance or support.

International Insurance Charges/Fees

  • Rates are calculated weekly for the travel up to 3 weeks in length
  • Rates are calculated monthly for travel longer than 21 days

*Monthly rate applies for any travel 22 days or longer

Emergency Medical and Security Evacuations

Please see Emergencies Abroad .

CISI Online Portal

University of Utah traveler enrollment in CISI insurance coverage provides access to an online portal (“ myCISI ”) through which policy holders are able to quickly access insurance policy tools and support including Policy ID Cards, Consulate Letters, Extended Coverage and Travel Intelligence. All student travelers will receive "myCISI" Portal login information via email after student travel registration and enrollment steps have been completed.

Dependent Enrollment

UofU travelers have the ability to enroll dependents (spouses and children) in University insurance coverage after travel registration and enrollment steps have been completed. Dependent enrollment is obtained by completing and submitting a Dependent Enrollment Form . Charges vary depending on the relationship to the primary University traveler.

Leisure Travel

University travelers interested in leisure travel are not eligible for insurance through the University.  Travelers seeking international insurance and assistance coverage for personal/leisure travel are encouraged to research providers in the marketplace such as Patriot Travel Medical Insurance  or  HTH Worldwide Insurance , or use an insurance marketplace search platform such as  SquareMouth .

Extensions of Coverage

Travelers who are enrolled in University of Utah Group international insurance coverage for dates of University travel are eligible to extend their international insurance coverage up to 1-month before , or  1-month after , the dates of their recognized University travel. Travelers can extend their coverage on their My CISI portal ( ) or by emailing [email protected]).

International Insurance Exemptions

The University of Utah does not currently recognize any exemptions from this policy for UofU faculty, staff or students traveling to international locations.  All University of Utah travelers are required to register their international travel , and enroll in University of Utah International Insurance coverage regardless of any other insurance coverage they may have – including insurance possibly required by providers, foreign institutions or governments (i.e. Germany, Australia, etc.)

Enrollment in the University’s Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance usually happens as part of the UTravel & Reimbursement Services SAP Concur process.

All students participating in recognized Learning Abroad and Eccles Global programs are automatically registered with the University’s International Travel Registry and enrolled in the Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance. All participants in these programs will receive confirmation of travel registration and insurance enrollment in the weeks prior to their program start date, and no action is necessary on their part.

If you are a student traveler not on a sponsored or official University program, please see the question below about registering in the Student Travel Registry .

If the University employee is not using Travel & Reimbursement / SAP Concur, or didn't receive the automatic email to enroll, they can self-enroll in the Insurance via this link (or this link for those who are traveling to Spain and require a visa).

All University students are strongly encouraged to maintain their U.S. (domestic) health insurance coverage while abroad in case medical treatment for injuries or illness inside the U.S. is necessary (or desired) during their international travel.

According to University Rule R3-030D , University-related International Travel means travel to any country outside the U.S. (including Mexico and Canada) or territory outside the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii, including to non-contiguous U.S. locations of American Samoa, Guam, Midway Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Wake Island. If you are traveling to or through these destination(s), then yes, you do need to enroll in the insurance.

Yes, according to University Rule R3-030D , regardless of other insurance enrollments or policies held, you must enroll in the University Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance.

Yes, according to University Rule R3-030D , regardless of whether your travel is funded or sponsored by an outside organization, or funded or sponsored by the University, you must enroll in the University Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance.

Yes, University members who register University-related International Travel as described in this rule may seek reimbursement from the University for appropriate travel expenses pursuant to Rule 3-030 .

Charges incurred by members on University-related International Travel for registration and insurance are generally eligible for reimbursement by the University if university funds are being used to support the trip.

Personal travel, dependent travel, and dependent insurance costs are not eligible for reimbursement by the University.

Alternative insurance enrollment and coverages (outside of the University Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance plan) are not reimbursable.

University-related International Travel that is not registered pursuant to this Rule will be rejected for University reimbursement absent an exception for exigent travel needs or to educate University members to comply with University Rule being given by the cognizant vice president.

Travelers who require official University of Utah proof-of-insurance documentation for your time abroad for visa applications or letters are able to access that documentation on the myCISI Portal .

If you are unable to obtain your visa letter through the CISI Online Portal, please contact the Office of Global Risk for direct assistance.

When your insurance enrollment information is emailed to you, you will also receive an invoice/bill. To pay the invoice, you can call CISI at 203 399 5088 and pay through the phone or by emailing CISI .

You should pay by check or T(ravel) Card, and, in most cases, not by P(urchase) Card.

If you aren’t participating on a University sponsored or affiliated study abroad program, but you are:

  • conducting independent research abroad
  • attending and/or presenting at international conference(s);
  • traveling abroad as a member of an ASUU student group or organization
  • participating in internship or service learning opportunities organized or sponsored by a University group or representative

You shall complete the Student Travel Registry . As part of this process, you will receive an email with instructions to enroll in the University insurance. You can also enroll here .

Real-time Medical and Security travel information is available to all University international travelers. On your myCISI Portal you can click the “Security and Assistance Tools”, “Travel Destination Info”, and “Resources & Links” hyperlinks on the left-hand side of the webpage to access these resources.

The University partners with CISI, AXA, and Crisis24 to provide country-, region-, and area-specific travel destination intelligence. You should also review the Department of State , CDC , and any other relevant intelligence resources.

Please contact the Global Risk Manager with questions.

submit claim for reimbursement


Depending on the type of emergency, University international travelers shall contact the following emergency contacts as appropriate:

  • Local Emergency Numbers (for police, fire, ambulance, etc.) – 911 Abroad Numbers
  • CISI / AXA Team Assist – 312 935 1703 (outside U.S.); 855 327 1411 (toll-free inside U.S.); email: [email protected] ; or contact through the MyCISI Portal / App.
  • On-site (in-country) faculty, staff or partner organization contacts
  • Global Travel & Safety – 24/7 University of Utah Emergency Line: +1 801 585 2677

CISI / AXA Team Assist is available to provide direct assistance with overseas medical, security, or legal emergencies. You can also contact the U’s Global Risk Manager at [email protected].

For all emergencies, seek help without delay at the nearest medical facility and then, after admittance, open up a case with CISI / AXA Team Assist at any time by contacting +1 312 935 1703 .

For reimbursement purposes, please keep all documentation, receipts, invoices, bills, etc. for a reimbursement request with CISI.

If a University member’s medical condition requires an evacuation from their current international location in order to obtain further medical treatment, CISI / AXA Team Assist is available to open a medical file and assist with this process*.  Dependent on CISI's medical review, travelers may be evacuated to the closest location abroad where the necessary medical care can be provided, or back to the U.S.  Contact CISI Team Assist at +1 312 935 1703 in order to obtain more information and direction regarding this process.

If a University member believes that specific security concerns in their area of travel warrant an evacuation, CISI Team Assist is available to open a security file and assist with this process*.  Contact CISI Team Assist at +1 312 935 1703 for more information.

*In order for any medical or security-related evacuation costs to be covered by our insurance policy, all approvals and arrangements must be made by CISI / AXA Team Assist in conjunction with the attending physician (for a medical evacuation), or with Crisis24 (for a security evacuation). University members are encouraged to contact CISI / AXA Team Assist as soon as possible to open a medical or security file if assistance is needed.

You can contact UPublic Safety / University Police’s 24/7 Communications Center at 801 585 2677 or the Office of Global Engagement’s Global Risk Manager at 801 581 4042 or by email for questions or concerns related to international travel, international insurance, risk management, health, safety, and security issues.

The Office of Global Engagement works alongside UTravel Services, Learning Abroad, UPublic Safety, and other campus units to monitor world events and their potential impact on University travelers abroad. When international incidents or emergencies happen, the Office of Global Engagement, and other on- and off-campus partners, reach out to contact travelers, confirm they are safe, and provide information about support and assistance available to them.

The University has a Global Incident Management Team to respond to international incidents and emergencies and a Global Travel Oversight Committee that is tasked to review international travel and risk management guidelines and policies and review travel to High-Risk Destinations.

The University works to brief University international travelers on health and safety information, risk mitigation, prevention, and response. If you would like a Pre-Departure Health and Safety Orientation or Training, please contact the Global Risk Manager .

If you have questions about our risk management, health, safety, and security practices, please reach out to the Global Risk Manager .


University of Utah Health’s Travel Clinic is the most comprehensive travel medicine and immunization clinic in the state of Utah. For individuals, small groups, and business travelers, U of U Travel Clinic provides the following services:

  • Appropriate immunizations and travel medications will be recommended based on an individual’s specific destination(s), duration of travel, activities and medical conditions
  • Pre- and Post-Travel Consultations
  • Special Services/Consultations for Groups and Business Travelers

For additional travel risk management resources, please see our Health and Safety Resources for Travelers page .

University Rule R3-030D defines High-Risk Destination(s) as a country or area the Office of Global Engagement determines is at a high, severe, or extreme risk rating based on risk assessment analysis organizations and providers such as DOS Travel Advisories , CDC Travel Health Notices , Riskline , and Crisis24 .

University travelers should be aware that travel to or through High-Risk Destination(s) carries additional health, safety, and security risks and should work to inform themselves of those risks, how to prevent accidents and mitigate situational severity, and what assistance resources and support is available in the destination(s).

The University recommends that all travelers who are U.S. citizens register their University-related International Travel with the DOS Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (“STEP”) , a free service that alerts travelers about important safety concerns in destination(s) and enables the DOS to better assist U.S. citizens traveling abroad in the event of an emergency. The University recommends that non-U.S. citizens contact their home country governments to inquire about additional available registration and support.

Because the University’s Health and Emergency Evacuation Insurance only provides health, emergency evacuation coverage, and assistance services for University-related International Travel that is properly registered with the University, the University may not be able to help travelers who fail to register their travel appropriately. Travelers who do not register their travel plans with the University consequently risk personal liability exposure and limited access to assistance.

The University strongly encourages family members or friends traveling with University-related International Travel participants to enroll as dependents in employee or student coverage if offered by the University or to investigate and enroll in publicly available international insurance coverage.

Have Questions or Need Help?



  • Adolescent Immunization
  • Adult Influenza Vaccine Initiative
  • Adult Immunization
  • Early Childhood Immunization
  • Immunization Partners
  • Locate a Vaccine Provider
  • Parent Education
  • Immunization Services
  • Travel Vaccines
  • Utah Statistics
  • Vaccine Safety
  • Immunization Evaluation
  • Immunization Reporting
  • Medical Assistant Training
  • Order Educational Materials
  • Provider Immunization Record Release
  • Provider Vaccine Resources
  • Educational Modules (for Schools)
  • Immunization Education Module (Exemptions)
  • Immunization Exemptions
  • Immunization Coverage Report
  • School & Early Childhood Program Immunization Reporting System
  • School & Childcare Immunization Requirements & Flyers
  • Utah Immunization Guidebook
  • Utah School Immunization Record
  • Utah Immunization Rule
  • COVID-19 Immunization
  • About USIIS
  • EHR Vendors
  • Parents & Individuals
  • Provider Facilities
  • Schools & Early Childhood
  • USIIS Support
  • USIIS Updates

Travel Healthy


Stay safe and healthy when you travel.

Which immunizations do i need to go to another country, where can i find a travel clinic.

Travel clinics are your go-to resource for everything travel related. Utah’s travel clinics can help with everything from immunizations to a list of what to pack for your trip.

How do I stay safe when I travel?

Stay alert and aware of your surroundings. Use the same common sense when you travel that you would at home.

Feeling sic

What if I get sick after I travel?

You may get sick during travel but not have symptoms until you get home. Talk to a doctor or healthcare provider if you feel sick after you travel—especially if you have a fever.

Can I drink the water in another country?

Food and water that isn’t clean can cause diarrhea and other diseases. Reduce your risk by sticking to safe food and water habits.

How do I get medical care when I travel?

It’s important to know how you will get medical care if you get sick or have an emergency when you travel.

Is it safe to touch animals in another country?

No. Most animals avoid people. However, animals may attack if they are hurt, sick, feel threatened, or to protect their territory or babies. Animal bites and scratches can lead to serious diseases such as rabies.

How do I protect myself from diseases I can’t get immunized for?

Take steps during travel to stay safe and healthy and avoid experiences that might ruin your trip.

Is it safe to go to another country for a medical procedure?

Millions of US residents travel to another country for medical care each year. But this can be risky. Make sure you understand the risks before you schedule a medical procedure outside the U.S.

Medical procedure

Should I buy travel or medical evacuation insurance?

You may want to get travel insurance to cover yourself in case delays, accidents, or illness occur on your trip.

Your health insurance may not cover medical care in another country. Some types of travel insurance help you cover costs if your travel is canceled or disrupted.

How long does it take to get a passport?

It usually takes between 10 and 13 weeks to get a passport. You can pay extra to get it in 7 to 9 weeks.

Follow us on social media for travel tips and updates.

Each country has different immunization requirements to enter the country. Make sure you’re up-to-date on the immunizations you need for your trip.

Why should I get immunized before I leave the U.S.?

It takes about 10 days for most immunizations to start to work and build immunity to disease. And you need more than a shot to protect you from many diseases. This means it may take 6 months or more to protect you from some diseases. Find out which vaccines you’ll need as soon as you know your travel plans. Immunity to disease may be the most important thing you bring with you!

Which immunizations do I need?

  • Missionaries
  • School requirements
  • Yellow fever

Do I need a booster for immunizations I’ve already had?

You need a booster dose later in life for most of the immunizations you got as a child to stay protected.

Booster dose for immunizations

Medical waivers

There are certain medical conditions which may prevent a person from receiving a yellow fever vaccination. 

Vaccine needs vary considerably from country to country, but the best place to start is with the recommended vaccine schedules for children and adults. In Utah, some vaccinations are required for school entry. However, most of the vaccines that are routinely administered in childhood require periodic booster doses throughout life to maintain an effective level of immunity. Adults often neglect to keep up the recommended schedule of booster vaccinations, particularly if the risk of infection is low. Additionally, some adults have never been vaccinated at all. It is important to realize that diseases such as diphtheria and poliomyelitis, which no longer occur in most industrialized countries, many be present in those visited by travelers. Pretravel precautions should include booster doses of routine vaccines if the regular schedule has not been followed, or a full course of primary immunization for people who have never been vaccinated.

Additional vaccines are advised on the basis of a travel risk assessment for the individual traveler. In deciding which vaccines are appropriate, the following factors should be considered for each vaccine:

  • risk of exposure to the disease
  • age, health status, vaccination history
  • special risk factors
  • reactions to previous vaccine doses, allergies
  • risk of infecting others

For more information, visit the following links:

Utah Travel Clinics

Missionary Vaccine Recommendations

Yellow Fever Vaccination

Travel Vaccines Resources

Childhood Immunization Recommendations

Adults Immunization Recommendations

Mandatory vaccination, as authorized by the International Health Regulations, now concerns only yellow fever. Yellow fever vaccination is given for two different reasons:

Travelers should therefore be vaccinated if they visit a country where there is a risk of exposure to yellow fever. They must be vaccinated if they visit a country that requires yellow fever vaccination as a condition of entry. This condition applies to all travelers who arrive from (including airport transit) a yellow fever endemic country.

Travelers should be provided with a written record of all vaccines administered (patient-retained record), preferably using the international vaccination certificate (required in the case of yellow fever vaccination).

To find out which vaccines are needed for the region you will be visiting, you may go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travelers’ Health website. You will find a wealth of travel information at this site: food and water recommendations, disease outbreak areas, recommended precautions and much more. It’s a great place to start, when planning a trip.

You may also call the Utah Immunization Program Hotline at 1-800-275-0659 for additional questions or information.

If you are planning on traveling out of the country, make sure your immunization needs are assessed and your vaccinations completed in plenty of time to assure immunity. Most vaccines build immunity in approximately one week to ten days. However, immunizing against some diseases requires multiple vaccinations and may take six months or more to complete. Be sure to find out which vaccines you will need as soon as you know your travel plans. Remember that vaccine immunity may be the most important thing you bring with you!

Prescription icon

Did you know some over-the-counter and prescription medicine may be illegal in other countries?

Travel clinic icon

Travel clinics make it easier to plan your trip.

Automobile crash icon

Did you know motor vehicle crashes are the #1 killer of healthy U.S. citizens in foreign countries?

Vacation and travel planning should include thinking about health, Utah doctors say

By emily ashcraft, | posted - may 27, 2022 at 5:29 p.m., doctors from the university of utah health travel clinic are urging summer international travelers to prevent travel-related health issues by planning ahead. (spenser heaps, deseret news).

Estimated read time: 4-5 minutes

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SALT LAKE CITY — As summer is beginning, many Utahns are planning vacations. Doctors at the University of Utah travel clinic say such planning should include thinking about health. This means immunizations, being aware of health concerns at the travel location and considering insurance.

A University of Utah Health travel clinic helps people prepare for international vacations, and get information about how to make sure that health issues don't interrupt a vacation. Doctors from the clinic urged summer international travelers to prepare and prevent travel-related health issues at a press conference on Friday.

Pre-travel steps

Dr. Jakrapun Pupaibool, assistant professor of infectious diseases at University of Utah Health, said they emphasize taking steps to prepare before travel, although they also address illnesses after travel for people who return with fever, diarrhea, respiratory illness and others.

"We like them to enjoy that trip and not be sick during the trip," he said.

Pupaibool said at the clinic, doctors create a risk assessment considering a vacation's location, length and anticipated activities, along with the health of the individual. Individual recommendations can include immunizations, over-the-counter medications to bring, and even prescription antibiotics to take on the trip and use if needed.

Appointments at the clinic fill up, and it also takes time for some vaccines to become effective, so planning ahead for this is important. Pupaibool suggests meeting with a doctor about six weeks before a trip.

Pupaibool said that data shows about 20-25% of travelers have health issues during a trip or shortly after getting home. He said changes in diet from travel can lead to diarrhea, the most common thing they see. Pupaibool said they can prescribe medication for this before a trip, but travelers should also take over-the-counter drugs with them to address mild diarrhea.

The second most common issue is fever from infections like malaria, which can also be addressed before a trip.

"Many infections that we see, they are preventable ... either by vaccine or by medications," Pupaibool said.

He said some vaccines are required to enter a country or get a visa, but there are even more that they may recommend. Some vaccines, like the yellow fever vaccine, are not available from primary care physicians but are available at the travel clinic. The clinic can also help people get updated on other routine adult vaccines.

Pupaibool also suggests doing research about local medical care before a trip and whether your health or travel insurance will help with international health care.

What about COVID-19 and monkeypox?

Dr. Sankar Swaminathan, chief of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at the U., said part of this is considering COVID-19; people should be careful in airplanes and on a jetway because COVID-19 can spread really quickly. He said the highest risk for contracting COVID-19 is at the airport or on the plane, which is why he wears a mask in these situations.

"Domestic travel is probably just as much of a risk," he said.

Swaminathan also said that when traveling there are other COVID-19 factors to consider based on various countries' travel requirements. The United States still requires a negative COVID-19 test to fly back into the country, meaning it may be a good idea to be prepared in case a traveler needs to stay in the country to quarantine.

"Depending on what your circumstances are and where you're going, trip cancellation or interruption insurance is actually maybe necessary, even if you're not sick," he said, talking about quarantine requirements.

Swaminathan said monkeypox at this point is not a travel-associated concern, but he suggests avoiding risks, specifically having casual sex with people you don't know well.

"People take a lot of risks when they're on vacation. … Unfortunately, what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas," he said.

He said it could be possible to get monkeypox from having a long conversation, like sitting really close to someone on a plane, but that likely there would need to be liquids exchanged in that conversation.

Swaminathan said that there are other diseases, like Zika, that may burst in a population that doesn't have immunity. He said pregnant women need to be particularly careful about some diseases, like Zika. The clinic also gives updated information about diseases in certain areas.

What about sickness from activities?

Pupaibool said travelers, especially in tropical countries, can deal with other health issues because of the heat and the amount of activity they are doing. He suggests travelers stay hydrated, keep clean bottled water with them and have some electrolytes.

He said if someone gets sick with heatstroke or something similar, they should see a local health care provider.

Pupaibool suggests bringing a simple first aid kit with medications for pain, allergies and inflammation.

Swaminathan said their office provides a booklet that talks about health issues associated with altitude, scuba diving and a variety of other things, which is available at the clinic and at public health department satellite travel clinics.

"It's good to think about this well ahead of time," he said.

Related stories

Prepare for sticker shock if you are traveling this summer, memorial day weekend outlook: travel delays expected; storms to cool down utah temps, memorial day travel expected to be 'taking off' despite higher prices, aaa projects, most recent utah stories, utah immigrants from venezuela, cuba, other countries push anti-communist message bill, red cross asks for help again after winter blood drive cancellations worsen 'critical supply deficit', after her son was killed by his father, utah mom urges family court reform, related topics.

university of utah travel clinic

More stories you may be interested in

university of utah travel clinic

  • A lot of Utah hotel rooms are already booked for a 2034 Olympics — here's why

university of utah travel clinic

Viewmont High School honoring 'Stat Man' for decades of services

university of utah travel clinic

Bill to legalize a Utah lottery is introduced, but don't bet on it

Most viewed.

  • Have You Seen This? Miss Colorado shows off talent never seen on Miss America stage, soars to win
  • Paul Huntsman steps down as Salt Lake Tribune board chairman
  • Idaho coroner releases names of 3 men killed when a Boise aircraft hangar collapsed
  • Mountain lion released after 'wild' discovery in West Valley City
  • State drill: Farmington snaps Bingham's 6A title streak; Viewmont tops 5A for 3-peat
  • Millions requested to attract MLB, NHL, Olympics to Utah
  • Holladay man allegedly posing as teen on social media charged with soliciting explicit photos from teen girl
  • Maile O'Keefe scores another 10 on beam, Red Rocks roll to victory over Beavers
  • Utah business leaders ask Legislature to address child care crisis


university of utah travel clinic

KSL Weather Forecast

university of utah travel clinic

University of Utah Hospital

General questions.

  • Billing & Insurance

university of utah travel clinic

  • Health Care Home

Make The Most of Your Virtual Urgent Care Appointment

Virtual Urgent Care Infographic

When COVID -19 cases began rising at an alarming rate in 2020, virtual urgent care became an increasingly important part of healthcare. Since then, it has evolved as a routine way to get care for common illnesses like colds, sinus infections, pink eye, some urinary tract infections, and yes even COVID. It is not for serious medical emergencies like strokes or heart attacks. 

Advantages of Virtual Urgent Care

It is a great option when you: 

  • Don’t want to spread infection. 
  • Feel sick and don’t want to leave the house.
  • Have young children at home and no babysitter. 
  • Have difficulty getting transportation. 
  • Have a compromised immune system and don’t want to be around other people. 

Disadvantages of Virtual Urgent Care

  • Your healthcare provider can’t do an in-person physical exam or assessment of vital signs so the virtual visit can’t be used for problems like ear infections, severe abdominal pain, chest pain, or certain respiratory issues.  
  • It is also unsuitable for conditions that require X-rays or tests for diagnosis such as strep throat or diabetes. 

Preparing for Your Appointment

  • You will need strong internet or mobile phone service, a working camera on your computer, tablet or phone, and good sound.  
  • Let your healthcare provider know if you need accommodations such as an interpreter.
  • Read all instructions emailed to you ahead of the visit. 

Common FAQs

Can I get a prescription as part of the virtual visit?   

Yes. The healthcare providers who handle virtual urgent care appointments are physician assistants, physicians, or nurse practitioners who can prescribe common drugs such as antibiotics or cough medicine. This program is not for refilling medications you take every day, such as high blood pressure or cholesterol medications. Controlled substances or narcotics will also not be prescribed over a virtual visit.

  Does insurance cover virtual care visits?  

Most private health insurance policies and Medicare now cover virtual care or telehealth visits. It is best to check your policy. 

  • coronavirus
  • virtual care

University of Utah Logo

  • Travel Concur
  • Travel Online Training
  • Travel Concur FAQ
  • Concur Access Form
  • Concur Account Code Request Form
  • Request and Expense Delegates (Travel Arranger)
  • Travel Allowance (Meal Per Diem)
  • Ground Transportation
  • Travel Card
  • TCard Temporary Suspension
  • TCard Change Information
  • TCard Cancellation Form
  • TCard Limit Increase
  • Christopherson Business Travel
  • Book a Trip
  • Book a Car / Hotel
  • Confirm a Trip
  • Group Travel
  • Request a Call from a Travel Agent
  • Trip Cancellation
  • Non-Employee Travel
  • University Guest House Available in UShop
  • Approval Delegations
  • Supervisor Delegation Form
  • Concur User Setup for 5+ Travelers
  • Travel Foreign Wire Request Form
  • Schedule of Allowable Rates

Powered By Google Search

Travel Financial Services

university of utah travel clinic

Russia establishes special site to fabricate fuel for China’s CFR-600


A special production site to fabricate fuel for China’s CFR-600 fast reactor under construction has been established at Russia’s Mashinostroitelny Zavod (MSZ - Machine-Building Plant) in Elektrostal (Moscow region), part of Rosatom’s TVEL Fuel Company. 

As part of the project, MSZ had upgraded existing facilities fo the production of fuel for fast reactors, TVEL said on 3 March. Unique equipment has been created and installed, and dummy CFR-600 fuel assemblies have already been manufactured for testing.

The new production site was set up to service an export contract between TVEL and the Chinese company CNLY (part of China National Nuclear Corporation - CNNC) for the supply of uranium fuel for CFR-600 reactors. Construction of the first CFR-600 unit started in Xiapu County, in China's Fujian province in late 2017 followed by the second unit in December 2020. The contract is for the start-up fuel load, as well as refuelling for the first seven years. The start of deliveries is scheduled for 2023.

“The Russian nuclear industry has a unique 40 years of experience in operating fast reactors, as well as in the production of fuel for such facilities,” said TVEL President Natalya Nikipelova. “The Fuel Division of Rosatom is fulfilling its obligations within the framework of Russian-Chinese cooperation in the development of fast reactor technologies. These are unique projects when foreign design fuel is produced in Russia. Since 2010, the first Chinese fast neutron reactor CEFR has been operating on fuel manufactured at the Machine-Building Plant, and for the supply of CFR-600 fuel, a team of specialists from MSZ and TVEL has successfully completed a complex high-tech project to modernise production,” she explained.

A special feature of the new section is its versatility: this equipment will be used to produce fuel intended for both the Chinese CFR-600 and CEFR reactors and the Russian BN-600 reactor of the Beloyarsk NPP. In the near future, the production of standard products for the BN-600 will begin.

The contract for the supply of fuel for the CFR-600 was signed in December 2018 as part of a governmental agreement between Russia and China on cooperation in the construction and operation of a demonstration fast neutron reactor in China. This is part of a wider comprehensive programme of cooperation in the nuclear energy sector over the coming decades. This includes serial construction of the latest Russian NPP power units with generation 3+ VVER-1200 reactors at two sites in China (Tianwan and Xudabao NPPs). A package of intergovernmental documents and framework contracts for these projects was signed in 2018 during a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

  • Terms and conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Newsletter sign up
  • Digital Edition
  • Editorial Standards

university of utah travel clinic

  • Vacation Rentals
  • Restaurants
  • Things to do
  • Elektrostal Tourism
  • Elektrostal Hotels
  • Elektrostal Bed and Breakfast
  • Elektrostal Vacation Rentals
  • Flights to Elektrostal
  • Elektrostal Restaurants
  • Things to Do in Elektrostal
  • Elektrostal Travel Forum
  • Elektrostal Photos
  • Elektrostal Map
  • All Elektrostal Hotels
  • Elektrostal Hotel Deals
  • Elektrostal Hostels
  • Elektrostal Business Hotels
  • Elektrostal Family Hotels
  • Elektrostal Spa Resorts
  • 3-stars Hotels in Elektrostal
  • Elektrostal Hotels with Game room
  • Elektrostal Hotels with Banquet hall
  • Hotels near Electrostal History and Art Museum
  • Hotels near Park of Culture and Leisure
  • Hotels near Statue of Lenin
  • Hotels near Museum and Exhibition Center
  • Hotels near Museum of Labor Glory
  • Hotels near (ZIA) Zhukovsky International Airport
  • Hotels near (VKO) Vnukovo Airport
  • Hotels near (DME) Domodedovo Airport
  • Secrets Moxche Playa del Carmen
  • Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
  • Jules Undersea Lodge
  • Lombok Senggigi Hotel
  • Barcelo Bavaro Palace All Inclusive Resort
  • Flamingo Las Vegas
  • Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
  • Isla Bella Beach Resort
  • Beaches Turks & Caicos
  • The Westin Reserva Conchal, an All-Inclusive Golf Resort & Spa
  • Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Bellagio Las Vegas
  • Hyatt Ziva Cancun
  • Temptation Cancun Resort
  • Popular All-Inclusive Resorts
  • Popular Beach Resorts
  • Popular Family Resorts
  • Popular All-Inclusive Hotels
  • Popular Hotels With Waterparks
  • Popular Honeymoon Resorts
  • Popular Luxury Resorts
  • Popular All-Inclusive Family Resorts
  • Popular Golf Resorts
  • Popular Spa Resorts
  • Popular Cheap Resorts
  • All Elektrostal Restaurants
  • Cafés in Elektrostal
  • Chinese Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • European Restaurants for Families in Elektrostal
  • European Restaurants for Large Groups in Elektrostal
  • European Restaurants for Lunch in Elektrostal
  • Fast Food Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • French Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • Italian Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • Japanese Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • Pizza in Elektrostal
  • Russian Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • Seafood Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • Vegetarian Restaurants in Elektrostal
  • GreenLeaders
  • Elektrostal
  • Things to Do
  • Travel Stories
  • Rental Cars
  • Add a Place
  • Travel Forum
  • Travelers' Choice
  • Help Center
  • Europe    
  • Russia    
  • Central Russia    
  • Moscow Oblast    
  • Elektrostal    
  • Elektrostal Restaurants    

Ratings and reviews

Location and contact.

university of utah travel clinic

PEKIN, Elektrostal - Lenina Ave. 40/8 - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor


  1. Student Health Center

    university of utah travel clinic

  2. University Of Utah Health Debuts COVID-19 Long Hauler Clinic

    university of utah travel clinic

  3. Virtual Campus Tour

    university of utah travel clinic

  4. University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics

    university of utah travel clinic

  5. University of Utah Hospital Expansion

    university of utah travel clinic

  6. Visitors

    university of utah travel clinic


  1. Immunizations for Travel

    The Travel Clinic offers a complete line of immunizations to protect you while traveling abroad. The most appropriate immunizations and travel medications will be recommended based on your destination, duration of travel, activities, and medical conditions. See the list below for descriptions of each immunization.

  2. Travel Clinic

    The Student Health Center Travel Clinic helps prepare travelers to address the risks of travel, and to prepare them to have a wonderful healthy experience. ... An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure at the University of Utah Student Health Center Travel Clinic! Student Health Center. 555 Foothill DR, Level 1 Salt Lake City, UT 84112 ...

  3. Student Health Center

    Student Health Center is located on Level One of the Madsen Health Center, 555 Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City UT. Learn More. Stay informed. Stay healthy. Stay online. The Student Health Center Patient Portal allows access to a number of resources including: Secure Communication with your provider.

  4. Travel Clinic Near You

    University of Utah Health's Travel Clinic is the most comprehensive travel medicine and immunization clinic in the state of Utah. For individuals, small groups, and business travelers, we provide immunizations, medications, and travel consults. Services & Pre Travel Consultation.

  5. U travel clinic open

    The Travel Clinic at University of Utah Health is open, with full operations. That means you can receive all your vaccines for travel, study abroad, and humanitarian missions. For your travel list, remember: The clinic back to full operations. The clinic will provide important travel information to keep you safe and healthy.

  6. Health and Safety Resources for Travelers

    The University of Utah Health's Travel Clinic is the most comprehensive travel medicine and immunization clinic in the state of Utah. The clinic provides: Recommended based on an individual's specific destination (s), duration of travel, activities, and medical conditions. Special services/consultations for groups and business travelers.

  7. Utah Travel Clinics

    International Travel Clinic The Salt Lake County Health Department has two travel clinics: Salt Lake Public Health Center 610 South 200 East, 1st Floor Salt Lake City, UT 84111 . and. South Redwood Public Health Center 7971 South 1825 West West Jordan, UT 84088. To schedule an appointment at either location, please call 385-468-SHOT (7468)

  8. Immunization Hours and Pricing

    Please call and make an appointment for the following immunizations, titers, and TB tests*. Hours for appointments are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. (Closed Wed. 12 pm-2 pm) Immunizations, Titers and TB tests. Cost per Shot. Hepatitis A. $77. Hepatitis B / Heplisav. $57 / $123. Twinrix (Hep A/B Combo)

  9. FAQs

    CISI / AXA Team Assist - 312 935 1703 (outside U.S.); 855 327 1411 (toll-free inside U.S.); email: [email protected]; or contact through the MyCISI Portal / App. On-site (in-country) faculty, staff or partner organization contacts. Global Travel & Safety - 24/7 University of Utah Emergency Line: +1 801 585 2677. CISI / AXA ...

  10. Travel Vaccines

    Travel clinics are your go-to resource for everything travel related. Utah's travel clinics can help with everything from immunizations to a list of what to pack for your trip. Find a travel clinic near you. ... Travel clinics make it easier to plan your trip. Did you know motor vehicle crashes are the #1 killer of healthy U.S. citizens in ...

  11. Travel Concur

    The Travel advisor team is dedicated to booking business travel exclusively for university employees, non-employees, students, and group travel for both domestic and/or international trips. University-negotiated air, car, and hotel pricing will be applied to trips booked with the Travel team or the Concur booking tool. Get a Quote.

  12. Travel

    Wherever you're going, whatever you need, we're here to help. Travel Accounting - 801.581.7142 | [email protected] | Concur expense reports, travel policy, per diem, ePR. Christopherson Business Travel - 801.587.9005 | [email protected] | Booking travel, Concur requests and profiles.

  13. Locations

    50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 801-581-2121. Scheduling: 801-213-9500 En Español: 801-646-5914

  14. Vacation and travel planning should include thinking about health, Utah

    A University of Utah Health travel clinic helps people prepare for international vacations, and get information about how to make sure that health issues don't interrupt a vacation. Doctors from ...

  15. Locations

    South Jordan Emergency Room. 801-213-4500. 5126 W. Daybreak Parkway. South Jordan, UT 84009. Get Directions. About University of Utah Hospital.

  16. Make The Most of Your Virtual Urgent Care Appointment

    University of Utah Hospital. Main navigation. University of Utah Hospital; Staying at the Hospital; Parking & Valet; Looking for Another Location? General Questions. Main navigation. 801-581-2668; Find an Interpreter; ... Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 801-581-2121. Scheduling: 801-213-9500

  17. Contact Us

    201 presidents circle salt lake city, ut 84112 801-581-7142

  18. Russia establishes special site to fabricate fuel for China's CFR-600

    A special production site to fabricate fuel for China's CFR-600 fast reactor under construction has been established at Russia's Mashinostroitelny Zavod (MSZ - Machine-Building Plant) in Elektrostal (Moscow region), part of Rosatom's TVEL Fuel Company.

  19. THE 10 BEST Things to Do in Elektrostal

    1. Electrostal History and Art Museum. 2. Statue of Lenin. 3. Park of Culture and Leisure. 4. Museum and Exhibition Center. 5.

  20. PEKIN, Elektrostal

    17 reviews #12 of 30 Restaurants in Elektrostal $$ - $$$ Asian. Lenina Ave., 40/8, Elektrostal 144005 Russia +7 495 120-35-45 Website + Add hours Improve this listing. See all (5)

  21. Moscow

    Moscow, city, capital of Russia, located in the far western part of the country.Since it was first mentioned in the chronicles of 1147, Moscow has played a vital role in Russian history. It became the capital of Muscovy (the Grand Principality of Moscow) in the late 13th century; hence, the people of Moscow are known as Muscovites.Today Moscow is not only the political centre of Russia but ...