FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. ORDERS NORMALLY SHIP WITHIN 24-28 HOURS
Item added to your cart
The Beach Boys Concert Tour Poster Art Print Pet Sounds Tour 1966
Couldn't load pickup availability
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.
- Preplanned tours
- Daytrips out of Moscow
- Themed tours
- Customized tours
- St. Petersburg
The Moscow Metro Tour is included in most guided tours’ itineraries. Opened in 1935, under Stalin’s regime, the metro was not only meant to solve transport problems, but also was hailed as “a people’s palace”. Every station you will see during your Moscow metro tour looks like a palace room. There are bright paintings, mosaics, stained glass, bronze statues… Our Moscow metro tour includes the most impressive stations best architects and designers worked at - Ploshchad Revolutsii, Mayakovskaya, Komsomolskaya, Kievskaya, Novoslobodskaya and some others.
What is the kremlin in russia?
The guide will not only help you navigate the metro, but will also provide you with fascinating background tales for the images you see and a history of each station.
And there some stories to be told during the Moscow metro tour! The deepest station - Park Pobedy - is 84 metres under the ground with the world longest escalator of 140 meters. Parts of the so-called Metro-2, a secret strategic system of underground tunnels, was used for its construction.
During the Second World War the metro itself became a strategic asset: it was turned into the city's biggest bomb-shelter and one of the stations even became a library. 217 children were born here in 1941-1942! The metro is the most effective means of transport in the capital.
There are almost 200 stations 196 at the moment and trains run every 90 seconds! The guide of your Moscow metro tour can explain to you how to buy tickets and find your way if you plan to get around by yourself.
Moscow Metro Underground Small-Group Tour - With Reviews & Ratings
Moscow metro underground small-group tour.
- See more images
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 3 Hrs
- Language: English
- Departure Time : 10:00 AM
- Departure Details : Karl Marks Monument on Revolution Square, metro stop: Square of Revolution
- Return Details : Metro Smolenskaya
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Go beneath the streets on this tour of the spectacular, mind-bending Moscow Metro! Be awed by architecture and spot the Propaganda , then hear soviet stories from a local in the know. Finish it all up above ground, looking up to Stalins skyscrapers, and get the inside scoop on whats gone on behind those walls.
Know More about this tour
We begin our Moscow tour beneath the city, exploring the underground palace of the Moscow Metro. From the Square of Revolution station, famous for its huge statues of soviet people (an armed soldier, a farmer with a rooster, a warrior, and more), we’ll move onto some of the most significant stations, where impressive mosaics, columns, and chandeliers will boggle your eyes! Moreover, these stations reveal a big part of soviet reality — the walls depict plenty of Propaganda , with party leaders looking down from images on the walls. Your local guide will share personal stories of his/her family from USSR times, giving you insight into Russia’s complicated past and present. Then we’re coming back up to street level, where we’ll take a break and refuel with some Russian fast food: traditional pancakes, called bliny. And then, stomachs satiated, we are ready to move forward! We’ll take the eco-friendly electric trolleybus, with a route along the Moscow Garden Ring. Used mainly by Russian babushkas(grannies) during the day, the trolleybus hits peak hours in the mornings and evenings, when many locals use it going to and from their days. Our first stop will be the Aviator’s House, one of Stalin’s Seven Sisters, followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs — and you’ll hear the legends of what has gone on inside the walls. Throughout your Moscow tour, you’ll learn curious facts from soviet history while seeing how Russia exists now, 25 years after the USSR.
Local English-speaking guide
Pancake snack and drink
Additional food and drinks
Tickets for public transport
Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
Tips and gratuities for the guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable shoes for walking. For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
Moscow Metro Tour
- Page active
Moscow metro private tours.
- 2-hour tour $87: 10 Must-See Moscow Metro stations with hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 3-hour tour $137: 20 Must-See Moscow Metro stations with Russian lunch in beautifully-decorated Metro Diner + hotel pick-up and drop off.
- Metro pass is included in the price of both tours.
Highlight of Metro Tour
- Visit 10 must-see stations of Moscow metro on 2-hr tour and 20 Metro stations on 3-hr tour, including grand Komsomolskaya station with its distinctive Baroque décor, aristocratic Mayakovskaya station with Soviet mosaics, legendary Revolution Square station with 72 bronze sculptures and more!
- Explore Museum of Moscow Metro and learn a ton of technical and historical facts;
- Listen to the secrets about the Metro-2, a secret line supposedly used by the government and KGB;
- Experience a selection of most striking features of Moscow Metro hidden from most tourists and even locals;
- Discover the underground treasure of Russian Soviet past – from mosaics to bronzes, paintings, marble arches, stained glass and even paleontological elements;
- Learn fun stories and myths about Coffee Ring, Zodiac signs of Moscow Metro and more;
- Admire Soviet-era architecture of pre- and post- World War II perious;
- Enjoy panoramic views of Sparrow Hills from Luzhniki Metro Bridge – MetroMost, the only station of Moscow Metro located over water and the highest station above ground level;
- If lucky, catch a unique «Aquarelle Train» – a wheeled picture gallery, brightly painted with images of peony, chrysanthemums, daisies, sunflowers and each car unit is unique;
- Become an expert at navigating the legendary Moscow Metro system;
- Have fun time with a very friendly local;
- + Atmospheric Metro lunch in Moscow’s the only Metro Diner (included in a 3-hr tour)
+ for 3-hour tour
Museum of Moscow Metro
- Drop-off at your hotel, Novodevichy Convent, Sparrow Hills or any place you wish
- + Russian lunch in Metro Diner with artistic metro-style interior for 3-hour tour
Fun facts from our Moscow Metro Tours:
From the very first days of its existence, the Moscow Metro was the object of civil defense, used as a bomb shelter, and designed as a defense for a possible attack on the Soviet Union.
At a depth of 50 to 120 meters lies the second, the coded system of Metro-2 of Moscow subway, which is equipped with everything you need, from food storage to the nuclear button.
According to some sources, the total length of Metro-2 reaches over 150 kilometers.
The Museum was opened on Sportivnaya metro station on November 6, 1967. It features the most interesting models of trains and stations.
The first scheme of Moscow Metro looked like a bunch of separate lines. Listen to a myth about Joseph Stalin and the main brown line of Moscow Metro.
According to some astrologers, each of the 12 stops of the Moscow Ring Line corresponds to a particular sign of the zodiac and divides the city into astrological sector.
Astrologers believe that being in a particular zadiac sector of Moscow for a long time, you attract certain energy and events into your life.
Red marble walls of some of the Metro stations hide in themselves petrified inhabitants of ancient seas. Try and find some!
- Every day each car in Moscow metro passes more than 600 km, which is the distance from Moscow to St. Petersburg.
- Moscow subway system is the 5th in the intensity of use (after the subways of Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai).
- The interval in the movement of trains in rush hour is 90 seconds .
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized Moscow tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the walking tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow.
Write your review
RUSSIA TRAVEL HOME
Thank you for your enquiry.
RUSSIA TRAVEL PACKAGES A selection of Russian tours to take as they are or adjust to your needs.
THE GOLDEN RING Visit the heart of ancient Russia. What is the Golden Ring?
MOSCOW TOURS What you can see in Moscow.
MOSCOW DAY TRIPS Get out of Moscow and take a relaxing trip to some of these places
ST. PETERSBURG Some of the sights to see in Petersburg
LAKE BAIKAL TOURS Hiking and trekking around the world's deepest lake in the heart of Siberia
RUSSIAN DIGS Come and work in the field on a Russian Archaeological dig. Full training given on site.
TRAVEL TIPS & SERVICES Getting around in Russia
If you do not receive a confirmation email shortly then you have probably incorrectly entered your email.
Number of travelers ">
Special Interests or requests. "> ">
If you experience difficulties please use this link to send Regular Email . All information is treated as confidential