- Courses for Indian Students
BSTM Courses and BSTM Course Subjects
Whether it is a 9-5 job or a position that requires travelling every other day to keep things fresh and spontaneous, the tourism and hospitality industry has it. This means all levels of Tourism jobs are up for grabs for BSTM course graduates. Since tourism is globally renowned, the BSTM courses offer a global career opportunity for Filipino students. This blog will provide everything you need to know about BSTM courses, including BSTM course subjects, eligibility, top universities for BSTM graduates, BSTM jobs, salaries, and a few other details.
Table of Contents
Bstm course meaning, bstm course subjects, bstm course (skill gain), bstm course eligibility, top bstm courses for filipino students, jobs with bstm course, top salary for bstm course.
Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management or BSTM (as it is popularly known) is a program that prepares students for a career in the tourism and hospitality industry. The degree involves everything from the said industry (tourism and hospitality), such as tour planning, development, implementation, and control management efforts.
BSTM course for Filipino students (especially) trains in making you competent in various tourism tasks such as planning and development, travel and tourism, and transportation services. The course content will help aspiring students build a solid foundation with high moral and ethical standards and gain the utmost technical expertise. With the knowledge and expertise that the BSTM course instils, students will significantly contribute to the allied professions of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Graduating from the BSTM program means you have multiple job options in all aspects of the tourism and hospitality market. That being said, fresh graduates of hand-picked BSTM course is a better fit for responsibilities like Flight Attendants, Tour Planners, Reservation Agents, Travel Counsellors, Travel Representatives, Tour Guides, Travel Agency Staff, Travel Promotions Staff, Tour Centre Directors and Tour Managers.
The BSTM course subjects and structure allows Filipino students to be industry ready. Following are the popularly followed BSTM course subjects in top universities.
- Culture and Tourism Geography
- Risk Management
- Legal Aspects of Tourism and Hospitality
- Quality Service Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Professional Development and Applied Ethics
- Macro Perspective of Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Multicultural Diversity in the workplace for the tourism professionals
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality
- Micro Perspective of Tourism and Hospitality
BSTM course offers a lot of knowledge and competency to enter the tourism and hospitality industry. Following are some of the most important skills acquired from the BSTM course.
- Expertise in acknowledging and interpreting the duties of the different departments in the travel and tour establishments
- Ability to interpret fare pricing & restrictions
- Competency to do research in tourism and other related areas
- Expertise in computing and advising special and normal fares
- Competency to issue e-tickets
- Knowledge to prepare write-ups with creative pictures and visuals
- Knowledge to provide mileage distances and routes to cities or attractions
- Ability to handle front office responsibilities
- Ability to identify responsibilities and opportunities of the tourism enterprise
- Ability to perform hotel housekeeping duties
- Ability to sell cruise packages and programs.
To apply for a BSTM course , students must have completed high school or an equivalent qualification. And in some colleges or universities, you need to pass an entrance examination to be admitted to the BSTM course . A personal interview with the selection committee is a more prevalent requirement for college or university admission to a BSTM course . With that said, the following are further requirements for a BSTM course for Filipino students .
- Aspiring Filipino students of the BSTM course must provide their School graduate certificate to the college or university they are applying for.
- Aspiring Filipino students of the BSTM course must submit a letter of recommendation from an authority of your former educational institution.
- To apply for a BSTM course, Filipino students require a medical and dental fitness certificate from a professional authority.
- Universities or colleges with BSTM courses demand a certificate of good moral character from the applicant through their former educators or similar sources.
- An English proficiency certificate is required to apply for a BSTM course . TOFEL/IELTS/PTE tests are ideal and preferred by all major colleges and universities as proof of English proficiency.
- Some universities and colleges also ask for GRE certification to prove educational competency.
Post Study Work Permit Length
BA (Hons) International Tourism Management
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield, United Kingdom
University of Central Lancashire
Preston, United Kingdom
BA (Hons) Travel and Tourism Management
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Bachelor of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
Ara Institute of Canterbury
Christchurch, New Zealand
Bachelor of Commerce with Honours - Tourism
The University of Otago
Wellington, New Zealand
Bachelor of Applied Science (Outdoor Recreation and Ecotourism)
Charles Sturt University
Bachelor of International Tourism Management
Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
BA (Honours) International Tourism Management with French
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Arts - Heritage and Tourism
Western Sydney University
Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management/Bachelor of Business - Business
BA (Honours) International Tourism Management with German
BA or BSc Tourism Studies
Canterbury Christ Church University - GUS
London, United Kingdom
BA (Hons)-Tourism Management
BA (Hons) International Tourism Management (Mandarin)
BA (Hons) International Tourism and Events Management
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Every successful trip and holiday plan has a lot of behind-the-scenes effort by tourism management professionals. These professionals range from travel agents (who book people’s travel flights and accommodation) to local travel guides and housekeepers in hotels. With the best-fitted BSTM course for Filipino students, you can land in-demand positions in the tourism management industry. The following are some of the best jobs you can get through with the BSTM course for Filipino students.
- Flight Attendant
- Tourism Marketing Manager
- Events Manager
- Tourism Information Center Manager
- Tour Operator
- Guest Relations Manager
- Travel Agency Manager
- Recreations Director
- Airline Reservations Supervisor/Manager
- Airlines Operations Supervisor/Manager
- Airline Customer Service Supervisor/Manager
- Sales and Marketing Supervisor/Manager
- Ticketing Supervisor/Manager
- Destination Manager
- Travel Specialist/Consultant
- Tourism Operations Officer
With a degree from a top college or university offering the BSTM course, the opportunities in the job market for graduates can be quite high. A graduate of the BSTM course can earn $56,948 (approximate) as an average annual salary. Most companies annually pay an entry-level salary of $36,500 to $65,000 for BSTM course graduates.
The following are some of the top-paying jobs after a Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management or BSTM course.
Job after BSTM Course
$54k - $98k
$34k - $66k
$31k - $54k
$40k - $66k
Meeting / Convention Services Manager
$50k - $86k
Food and Beverage Director
$50k - $111k
Front Office Manager
$31k - $62k
$25k - $74k
Corporate Travel Consultant
$39k - $56k
$32k - $52k
Frequently Asked Questions
The BSTM course changes from university to university. However, the core of the course remains the same irrespective of the college or university of your choice. Following are some of the core BSTM course subjects:
and many more.
Loved the blog? Help us reach more students!
About the author.
Meet the creative minds behind the content you love in the website ! We're not just any writers; we're your go-to pals when it comes to navigating the world of education. Passionate and committed, our team aims to help you find your dream course by breaking down complex jargon into easy-to-understand language. Overwhelmed by course choices? No worries! We roll up our sleeves to sift through every option, making your search not just easy, but downright enjoyable. Got questions or want recommendations? We're all ears and always excited to help. From deep dives into course specifics to keeping you entertained and informed, we're with you every step of the way. So if you're on the hunt for the perfect course, look no further—AECC Search has got your back from A to Z. Ready to embark on this journey with us? Let's go!
Fulfil your Futuristic Academic Goals with AECC
Best Aviation Courses for Filipino Students
Graphic Design Courses for Filipino Students
Top 5 Scholarships in Canada for Filipino Students
Top 10 Medical Courses for Filipino Students
Law Courses for Filipino Students
- Study in Australia
- Study in New Zealand
- Study in UK
- Study in USA
- Study in Canada
- Study in Ireland
- Study in Germany
- Study in Singapore
- University Search
- Career Search
- Destination Search
- Talk to Counsellor
- Programs of Study
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- International Education
- Student Organizations
- Dining Series
- First Year Experience
- Business in Practice
- Mentorship Program
- Alumni Network
- Hospitality Management Request More Information
- Rosenberg International Franchise Center
- Follow Us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Instagram
P: 603.862.3303 E: [email protected]
Tourism Management (Minor)
What is tourism management ?
Tourism is the world’s largest and most diverse industry. It is a composite of activities, services, and industries delivering travel experiences through transportation, accommodations, eating and drinking establishments, shops, entertainment, activity facilities (parks, sports, and amusement parks), historic sites, natural resources, among others.
Why study tourism management at UNH ?
The faculty of Recreation Management and Policy, Hotel and Hospitality Management, and Natural Resources and the Environment Tourism Departments have bundled a number of courses for non-majors which, when combined with certain elective courses, can constitute a Minor in Tourism Management. All students take three courses that introduce them to tourism, the hospitality industry, and recreation and tourism in society. You can choose two electives that match your professional goals from courses including but not limited to lodging operations management, festival and event planning, tourism and global understanding, and recreational sports management.
Curriculum & requirements, program description.
“Tourism” is the world’s largest and most diverse industry. Tourism is a composite of activities, services, and industries delivering travel experiences through transportation, accommodations, eating and drinking establishments, shops, entertainment, activity facilities (parks, sports, and amusement parks), historic sites, natural resources, among others.
The faculty of Recreation Management and Policy [RMP], Hospitality Management [HMGT], and Natural Resources and the Environment [NRE] Tourism [Tour] have bundled a number of courses for non-majors which, when combined with certain elective courses, can constitute a Minor in Tourism Management. Each of the courses offered for this minor are already offered in each of the three departments. These programs represent the three Colleges of College of Health and Human Services, Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics, and the College of Life Science and Agriculture.
Questions about the minor may be directed to: Recreation Management and Policy – Dr. Bob Barcelona, [email protected] Tourism Management – Dr. Rob Robertson, [email protected] Hospitality Management – Dr. Markus Schuckert, [email protected]
Approval of the Minor for Graduation, verification and sign-off must be coordinated with Dr. Rob Robertson.
Requirements for the Program
- For the minor students must complete 20 credits (five courses) with a grade of C- or better and a 2.0 grade point average.
- Courses taken on a Pass/Fail basis may not be used toward the minor.
- No more than 8 credits used by the student to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor.
- No transfer courses may be used toward the minor.
- The courses may be taken in any order, and students are responsible for checking pre-requisites for the elective courses.
- Courses taken during study abroad maybe considered as part of the minor; prior approval of an advisor is required.
Explore Program Details
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Honors in Major
- Study Abroad
take the next step
LEARN HOW TO APPLY
SCHEDULE A VISIT
25,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Meet top uk universities from the comfort of your home, here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
- Travel and Tourism /
Bachelor of Tourism Management: Syllabus, Skills, Career
- Updated on
- Feb 10, 2023
Travel and Tourism is equipped with several courses and academic qualifications that help land students in the career field of their choice, amidst the array of job opportunities available in the tourism industry. A Bachelor of Tourism and Management is one such course at an undergraduate level. This degree is a three-year program that guides students to learn about the basics of tourism and management subjects, practical knowledge, and projects to work on. Now if you are someone who finds yourself interested in this domain and are wondering about the educational path to take to reach your destination, then you must know everything about Bachelor of Tourism and Management. This blog shares that information with you. Read on!
This Blog Includes:
Why study bachelor of tourism and management , eligibility criteria , application process , documents required , indian entrance examinations, global universities , indian universities & fees , bachelor of tourism and management: syllabus , bachelor of tourism and management: skills required , employment areas , jobs and salary , top recruiters.
Bachelor of Tourism and Management provides a variety of reasons for students to decide to pursue the course. We have mentioned some of the same below.
- One of the main reasons for pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management is the fact that it acts as a gateway to the tourism industry, which is expanding at a rapid pace.
- Furthermore, the course allows students to comprehend the needs of tourists to help them work through their careers in the field.
- Students develop all the required skills needed to ace their tourism careers.
- Students are further introduced to a range of opportunities after completing their bachelor of tourism and management. This helps them travel and meet a lot of new people.
- Through this course, students are able to land in both the private and government sectors with the provision of well-off salaries.
Also Read: Travel and Tourism Course after 12th
To take admission/enrol oneself in the bachelor of tourism and management, there are certain requirements to be met. From eligibility criteria to the list of Indian Entrance Examinations, we have shared the same below.
The basic eligibility criteria are as follows.
- First and foremost, the student should have completed their studies at 10+2 level, from a recognised board.
- The student should also have scored a minimum percentage of 50.
- If students are planning to apply abroad, they are required to meet the English language proficiency requirements by taking tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- The students should also have English as a compulsory subject in their 10+2.
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- It is then advised to compile all your documents like SOPs , academic essays, LORs , and exam scores like TOEFL , IELTS , GMAT , GRE , etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation , students visa , and scholarships /student loans.
- Finally, accept the offer letter and meet the remaining formalities.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
The main documents required for students who are planning to study abroad are mentioned below.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
For admission to Indian Universities, the application process also requires one to prepare for and qualify for the Indian Entrance Examinations. These are listed below.
There are many global schools and universities that are highly regarded in terms of tourism management and hospitality. We have mentioned the same below.
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Fly Finance help you.
Also Read: BBA Tourism and Management
Some of the top Indian universities offering bachelor of tourism and management are tabulated below, along with their average fees.
Having covered some of the most essential aspects of pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management, it’s time to learn about the course syllabus. Have a look below.
* Note : English is a compulsory subject throughout the three years of study in this undergraduate program.
Some of the main skills that help the students to navigate through the industry and are equipped with the course are mentioned below.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Quality
- Professional skills
- Management Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management Skills
Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Career Prospects
Coming to after the completion of the course bachelor of tourism and management, the following are the career aspects that shall welcome the students.
The areas of employment in the tourism industry are mentioned below.
- Tourism Boards
- Travel Companies
- Government Hotels
- Travel Agencies
- Travel Offices & Administration
- Government Tourist Information Centres
- Travel and Ticketing Sites
Moving on to the particular jobs that students can work, we share the below, along with the salaries of each.
Don’t Miss Out On Jobs in Travel and Tourism
The top recruiting companies for students who have graduated with a bachelor of tourism and management are listed below;
- Thomas Cook
- Make My Trip
- Cox and Kings
Ans. A Bachelor of Tourism and Management is one of the best degrees for tourism.
Ans. Tour guide and Travel Agent are some of the jobs that one can pursue after a Bachelor’s in tourism and management.
Ans. Yes, tourism is high in demand, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions were eased.
That was some of the most essential information on the Bachelor of Tourism and Management. If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your study abroad goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
A hermit who prefers to stand true to her values of kindness, inclusivity; and reflects the same in her writing. With a degree in literature and multimedia journalism, she's on a forever pursuit to improve. Additionally, she's open to inputs that are not unsolicited. Welcome to her professional writing space, hope you enjoy your time.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Contact no. *
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Have something on your mind?
Connect With Us
25,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Make your study abroad dream a reality in January 2022 with
India's Biggest Virtual University Fair
Essex Direct Admission Day
Why attend .
Don't Miss Out
- Top Colleges
- Top Courses
- Entrance Exams
- Admission 2023
- Sarkari Exam
- Visual Stories
- Write a review
B.Com Tourism and Travel Management Syllabus and Subjects
INR 30,000 - 2 LPA
Updated on Jun 29, 2023 by Kripal Thapa
B.Com Tourism and Travel Subjects encompass three years and six semesters comprising of topics including travel management, tourism business and commercial aspects of the industry. The course is designed to focus on the financial and economical management of the travel and tourism industry.
After graduating from BCom Tourism & Travel Management , the job scope is vast in the tourism and travel sector of both private and public fields. They can work as Travel Officers, Travel Executive, Trip Planners, etc.
Table of Contents
- BCom Travel and Tourism Subjects In Detail
- BCom Tourism and Travel Management First Syllabus
- BCom Tourism and Travel Management Second Syllabus
- BCom Tourism and Travel Management Third Syllabus
BCom Tourism & Travel Management Reference Books
B.com travel and tourism subjects.
B.Com Travel and Tourism subjects are curated to provide insights into the finance and business aspects of tourism and travel management. The papers in the BCom Travel and Tourism are divided into two parts: core and elective papers , which are listed below:
BCom Tourism and Travel Management Core Subjects
In BCom Travel and Tourism subjects, there are core papers which are given in the list below:
- Basics of Tourism
- Methodology and Perspectives of Business Education
- Tourism Organisation & Association
- Tourism Planning & Administration in India
- Banking Theory and Practice
- Business Communication and Office Management
- Accommodation & Tourism
BCom Tourism and Travel Elective Subjects
B.Com Tourism and Travel Management Subjects contains a list of electives which are given in the list below:
- Computer Applications
- Gandhian Thoughts
- Capital Market Operations
- Front Office Management
BCom Tourism and Travel Subjects In Detail
The list of topics in B.Com Travel and Tourism Subjects includes business, travel, and tourism in general. The topics and subjects available in B.Com tourism and travel management are listed below:
Semester Wise BCom Tourism and Travel Management Syllabus
The BCom Travel and Tourism syllabus emphasises travel management, tourism, cost accounting, travel agency, tourist organisations, etc. The first year of the B.Com in Tourism and Travel management consists of core papers, whereas the second and third years are made up of electives. The B.Com Travel and Tourism subjects are listed below according to semester:
BCom Tourism & Travel Management First Year Syllabus
The following table shows the BCom Travel & Tourism subjects in the first year:
B.Com Tourism And Travel Management Second Year Syllabus
The following table shows the B.Com Travel & Tourism Management subjects in the second year:
BCom Tourism And Travel Management Third Year Syllabus
The following table shows the B.Com Travel & Tourism Management subjects in the third year:
BCom Tourism & Travel Management Course Structure
The course structure for the BCom Tourism & Travel Management includes, among other things, core papers, elective courses, research projects, group projects, internships, and seminars. The following is a list of the BCom Tourism and Travel Management course structure:
- VI Semesters
- Core Subjects
- Elective Subjects
- Project Submission
- Language Courses
BCom Tourism & Travel Management Teaching Methodology and Techniques
BCom Travel and Tourism take into account different teaching methods apart from traditional class based lectures. Listed below are the teaching methodology and strategies in general:
- Group Projects
- Conceptualized Learning
- Collaboration Projects
- Guest speakers
BCom Tourism & Travel Management Projects
Projects in BCom Tourism & Travel Management are given to students so they can learn about the actual working world and gain practical experience and training in the field. Several topics for the BCom in tourism and travel management include:
- Tourism as a development strategy in micro regions of India
- Wellness and Health Tourism
- Major Domestic Tourism Companies in India
- Analysis of marketing communication of the sub-sectors of tourism
- The role of a Tour Operator
BCom in Tourism and Travel Management books deals with a wide range of topics and opinions from various authors. Some of the books for B.Com travel and tourism books are listed below:
What is the syllabus of BCom travel and tourism?
BCom Travel and Tourism syllabus consist of subjects like Basics of Tourism, Communication Skills, Tourism Marketing, etc.
What is the scope of BCom travel and tourism?
Candidates for the B.Com in Tourism and Travel can choose to work in various settings, including travel agencies, government tourism offices, airlines, hotels, and more.
Is BCom travel and tourism easy to study?
Yes, the course is easy to study; although there may be a few difficult topics, overall, it is easy.
What is the salary of B Com travel and tourism in India per month?
The salary of B.Com travel and tourism graduates in India per month is around INR 30,000 PM.
Other Category Courses