Experience University of Rhode Island
Virtually explore University of Rhode Island in a fully immersive 360-degree experience.
Need to know how to enable it? Go here.
- Future Students
- Parents and Families
- First-Year Admission
- Transfer Admission
- International Admission
- Non-Traditional Students
- Tuition / Financial Aid
- Meet Your Counselor
- Quick Facts
We look forward to meeting you!
Welcome! We invite you to explore our buildings and spaces, interact with our students, and get answers to your essential questions about the University of Rhode Island. View our Visitor Guide to learn more about living and learning in the Ocean State, and browse our admission experiences below to make connections and get a feel for what it’s like to be a Rhody Ram.
Events and Tours
Individuals and groups – visit campus, attend admission information sessions, and talk to students and staff. Don’t forget to bring comfy walking shoes and an umbrella if needed. We can’t wait to meet you!
Check out college fair schedule to see when we may be in a city or town near you. Virtual options also available.
On Demand Videos
View recordings of past admission information sessions, academic information sessions, student panels, and more!
Office of Admission Newman Hall, 14 Upper College Road Kingston, RI 02881 [email protected] 401.874.7000 (ph) / 401.874.5523 (f)
- Choose a Degree Level Diploma Certificate Associate Bachelor's Continuing Education Graduate Certificate Master's Doctoral Post-doctoral Certificate
- Choose a Category Art and Design Business Criminal Justice and Legal Education General Studies Healthcare Information Technology Psychology Science and Engineering Trade Skills
- Choose a Subject Animation / Game Design Architecture / Urban Planning Art and Illustration Audio / Visual Production Digital Design Drafting Fashion Design / Merchandising Fine Arts Graphic / Visual Arts Interior Design Performing Arts Photography / Film Studies Radio and Television Theater Web Design / Multimedia Accounting / Finance Administrative Professional Business Administration / Management Business Information Systems Communications / Public Relations Economics Entrepreneurship Hospitality / Tourism Human Resources International Business Marketing MBA Office Management Organizational Management Project Management Retail and Sales Supply Chain Management Corrections Court Reporting Criminal Investigation Criminal Justice Administration Emergency and Fire Management Fire Protection Forensics Homeland Security / Public Safety Law Degree Law Enforcement / Security Paralegal / Legal Studies Public Administration Adult Education Continuing Education Curriculum and Instruction Early Childhood Education Educational Leadership Elementary Education English as a Second Language Higher Education Instructional Technology Secondary Education Special Education Teacher Education Technology in Education English Foreign Language Geography History Humanities Liberal Arts Philosophy and Religious Studies Political and Social Sciences Religious Studies Alternative Therapy Athletic Training Dental Diet / Nutrition Emergency Medicine Health Information Systems Health Science Health Services Healthcare Administration / Management Massage Therapy Medical Assisting Medical Coding & Billing Medical Technologist Medical Technology Medicine Nursing Nutrition and Wellness Pharmacy Physical Therapy / Respiratory Therapy Public Health Veterinary Studies Computer Science / Programming Data Management Database Administration Information Systems Library Science Networking / Security Technical Support Web Development / Internet Aeronautics Agriculture Biology Engineering Environment / Natural Resources Industrial Technology Mathematics Physical Sciences Addiction Studies Child and Family Studies Child Development Counseling Psychology Social Science Social Work Automotive Technology / Mechanic Aviation Technology / Pilot Career Training CDL / Heavy Equipment Operation / Repair Conservation Construction Management Construction Trades Cosmetology Craftsman Trades Culinary Arts Electronic / Computer Technology Esthetics High School Diploma Life Skills / Hobbies Marine Technology / Captain Mechanics Military / ROTC Other Trades Real Estate Secondary Diplomas & Certificates Welding / Fabrication
- Sponsored Schools
- University of Rhode Island /
- Student Life
University of Rhode Island Virtual Tour
Are you considering uri take a virtual tour of the campus below..
A visit to University of Rhode Island is ideal, but virtual tours can act to refresh your memory or as a preview for your on-site tour.
Do I Really Need to Take a Tour?
Inevitably, on-campus tours of classrooms, libraries, dorms, and dining halls will start to blend. Jog your memory using the virtual tour and even explore the area surrounding the campus using the interactive mapping tool. If you're just beginning your college search, a virtual tour can be a great way to get a feel for a campus before your visit. Remember, when you do go, be sure to ask current students about their college life. A student perspective can be the most helpful way to gauge your future experience at URI.
Use the resources below to start your virtual tour.
Using the Map
Click and drag the little orange person to a location on the map. Locations with panoramas appear as blue lines or blue dots when moving the orange person. The blue dots are panoramic views that you may swivel. The blue lines are paths that you can navigate along.
You can "pan" or "swivel" the camera around by clicking on the image and dragging your mouse or finger. If you see a white arrow on the picture, you can click or tap on it to move in the direction of the arrow. This will also update the location of the little orange person on the map so you can get a better sense of where you are and what direction you are facing.
Continue Your Research on URI
College Factual provides higher-education, college and university, degree, program, career, salary, and other helpful information to students, faculty, institutions, and other internet audiences. Presented information and data are subject to change. Inclusion on this website does not imply or represent a direct relationship with the company, school, or brand. Information, though believed correct at time of publication, may not be correct, and no warranty is provided. Contact the schools to verify any information before relying on it. Financial aid may be available for those who qualify. The displayed options may include sponsored or recommended results, not necessarily based on your preferences.
© 2022 College Factual – All Rights Reserved.
- California Privacy
- Do Not Sell My Info
Talk to a Tour Guide
University of Rhode Island
2022-2023 tuition, enrollment statistics, admission requirements, sports and athletics, men's sports.
- Men's Baseball
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Football
- Men's Soccer
- Men's Track & Field
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Diving
- Women's Crew
- Women's Soccer
- Women's Softball
- Women's Swimming
- Women's Tennis
- Women's Track & Field
- Women's Volleyball
-d denotes that program is also offered through distance education.
More than 7 million students have used campustours to find virtual campus tours and maps..
Visit uri.campusexperienceapp.com on your phone for a self guided campus tour.
COVID 19 updates, #rhodytogether
- Student Life
- Sports & Athletics
- Clubs & Activities
- Living on Campus
- Dining and Lodging
Admissions and Tours
Stay connected by taking part in our virtual events.
It’s not always possible to visit URI in person, so we’ve put together a variety of ways for you to see our buildings and spaces, interact with our students, and get answers to essential questions no matter where you are in the world. Check out our Virtual Admission experiences below to make connections and get a feel for what it’s like to be a Rhody Ram.
Rhody Info Live
Attend a real-time webinar and Q&A with a URI student and an admission counselor. You and your family will learn more about life at URI and the college admission process.
Student-Led Virtual Tours
Interested in having a look around our beautiful campus? Take a guided virtual tour with our student tour guides, who will be available for questions.
College of Pharmacy Live Class - Self Care: OTCs and Canada
January 28, 2021 at 2 to 3 p.m. Join the PHP 519 Self-Care 2 course to learn from our guest speaker, Dr. Nardine Nakhla, Clinical Lecturer, from the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy. Dr. Nakhla and Dr. Orr have partnered to teach classes about differences in the practice and regulation of nonprescription medications between the United States and Canada.This lecture will focus on the understanding of the Canadian drug scheduling system.
College of Pharmacy Academic Information Session
February 5, 2 to 3 p.m. Gain an in-depth look at the academic programs, research, and service mission of the College of Pharmacy.
Virtual One-on-One Meetings
A virtual one-on-one meeting is an excellent opportunity to have your specific questions answered by college representatives and students. Select your preferred date, view the available meetings, and submit the registration form. Note: These sessions are for informational purposes only; we do not offer formal interviews as part of our admission process. All events are scheduled for Eastern Time (EDT/EST).
Meet with an Admission Counselor
First year students - Find your dedicated admission counselor and schedule a quick meet and greet today. We look forward to answering your questions and connecting with you.
Transfer Students, International Students, Veterans / Military Dependents - Sign up for a quick meeting with your specialized admission counselor.
Talk with a Tour Guide
Want to learn more about a student’s perspective on their URI experience? Come have a one on one virtual chat with a tour guide.
Talk with a Representative from our College of Pharmacy
Register for a 30-minute Zoom meeting to ask questions and learn more about our College of Pharmacy.
Virtual Group Chats
Transfer and International Student Chats
Veteran/Active Duty Service Member Chats
Finish What You Started Program Chats
On-demand video options.
Virtual Admission Information Session
In this on-demand video, one of our professional admission counselors will guide you through the admission process and review academic requirements and policies. Please note that URI will be test optional in 2021.
Take a virtual tour of campus from the comfort of your own home. No walking shoes or umbrellas needed.
Listen to the podcast version of our self-guided campus tour with tour guide Christi Brennan and friends to learn more about our campus in Kingston, RI.
Miss one of our virtual events? Check out our YouTube playlists.
Office of Admission Newman Hall, 14 Upper College Road Kingston, RI 02881 [email protected] 401.874.7000 (ph) / 401.874.5523 (f)
University of Rhode Island (URI) Transfers: 2023 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
When is the best time to visit university of rhode island (uri).
Visiting University of Rhode Island (URI) depends on a number of factors, including the season, your schedule, and a lot of uncontrollable variables. We recommend you visit University of Rhode Island (URI) twice if you’re serious about enrolling – at least one visit should be when students are on campus and school is in session. Be sure to take note of the town of Kingston as well. Remember that Kingston is also catering to 13342 students, so think critically about whether the community would feel too big or too small for your personal liking.
Where do families stay when they visit University of Rhode Island (URI)?
The University of Rhode Island (URI) admissions office likely has a list of accommodations they recommend. In addition to that list, consult the CampusReel VR feature to explore hotels nearby in Kingston. For your convenience, below is a list of hotels to consider and that you can also preview in CampusReel VR.
- Ocean Rose Inn at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Hamilton Village Inn at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- The Atlantic House Hotel at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Seafield Cottage at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- The Richards Bed and Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Aqua Blue Hotel at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Shells By The Sea Bed And Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Blue Oaks Bed and Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Blueberry Cove Inn at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Sheppard's Campus Ave B & B at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Sheppard's Cottage Bed & Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- King's Rose at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- La Cappella Bed & Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Sugar Loaf Hill B & B at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Holiday Inn South Kingstown (Newport Area) at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Sheppard's Place Bed & Breakfast at University of Rhode Island (URI)
What do families do in Kingston when they visit University of Rhode Island (URI)?
It depends but there are a variety of activities and things to do in and around Kingston. We recommend using the virtual immersion tab on CampusReel to take a tour at University of Rhode Island (URI) and see for yourself how the student make use of Kingston.
What buildings should I look at when I visit University of Rhode Island (URI)?
For your convenience, below is a list of all buildings that you can visit from CampusReel. We encourage you to compare you experience of the buildings on CampusReel with your in-person visit if you decide to take one.
- The University of Rhode Island at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- University of Rhode Island Robert Carothers Library at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- University of at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- 1 Baird Hill at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- The Quadrangle at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Butterfield Dining Hall at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Hillside Hall at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Pastore Hall at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Center for Biotechnology and Life Sciences at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Fascitelli Fitness and Wellness Center at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Ryan Center at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- 45 Lower College Rd at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Memorial Union at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Ram's Den at University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Kingston Emporium at University of Rhode Island (URI)
Check out these related virtual tours:
- Visit to University of Vermont (UVM)
2023 College Admissions Calculator
Predict your chance of acceptance
2023 College Comparison Tool
$10,000 Scholarship - No Essay
sponsored by Edvisors
Video landing page link
Your message (optional):
We're happy to see you again 😊
Take a Tour Right Now
- Request Information
Results (0 Entries)
Campus Tours and Visits
If you’re interested in RISD, join us for an in-person info session and student-led tour. You’ll learn more about our community and campus, and get answers to your questions along the way.
Just northeast of RISD's central campus, the Admissions office is located in Woods-Gerry House at 62 Prospect Street. If you also plan to visit specific RISD buildings or offices, please download and print this campus map for more information.
Online info sessions
If you can’t come to campus or want even more information about RISD, we offer a robust lineup of online programming. In these webinars we share portfolio tips, offer application advice, host panels with current students, and more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT INFO SESSIONS
Campus tour video
If you want a closer look now, watch our campus tour video to get a sense of RISD. You’ll see studios, learn about resources and technology, and discover what else Providence has to offer.
- Admission at Bryant
We'd love to meet you
Whether you live across the country or down the street from our stunning 428-acre campus, Bryant University is something special. In fact, College Consenus named Bryant one of the "Top 30 Most Beautiful College Campuses in the Fall."
Come gain a true sense of what it means to be a Bryant Bulldog. We invite you to join us on campus November 11 and learn more about why Bryant students achieve a return on investment ranked in the nation's top 1%.
Hear directly from students about academics and campus life. Meet the world-class faculty and staff who will become your lifelong mentors. Learn about Bryant's student-centered focus and approach to experiential learning.
Campus Tour and Information Sessions
Providence, R.I. and Beyond
Dana Jurgielewicz '23
Bryant Brown '22
Julia Di Natale ’22
First-year student interviews.
The Bulldog Experience
Opportunities for Transfer Students
Whether exploring Brown virtually or visiting our campus in Providence, discover if College Hill feels like home.
Brown offers a variety of programming designed to help you learn more about the academic experience, campus life, financial aid and the admission process. You’ll see a number of offerings below, many of which will allow you to connect with the best representatives of our community - current Brown students!
Check out the Student Ambassador profiles available on our website. You'll find that these Brunonians can speak to many different facets of life on College Hill, and are united by a common interest - sharing their Brown experience with prospective students.
Information session, virtual events, class visit, group visit.
Approval for a group visit is not guaranteed; however, more advanced notice may increase the likelihood of accommodation.
The Engineering Tour provides an overview of the engineering experience at Brown, including visits to classrooms and lab spaces. Tours are led by current engineering students and last approximately 30 minutes.
Virtual Tour of Brown
Travel and lodging, directions and parking, accommodations, interactive campus map.
- Graduate Student Services
- Residential Life
- Get Involved
- Printing & Mail Services
- Clubs & Organizations
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Student Engagement Programs
- Student Publications
- Energy Conservation Office
- International Services
If you can’t make it to campus, it’s still possible to get a 360-degree view of Johnson & Wales University. We’ll even set you up with a personal tour guide!
Through this interactive tool, you can tour:
- Campus landmarks like Gaebe Commons
- Residence halls
- Academic buildings and classrooms
- Athletic fields and the Wildcat center
- Unique student learning spaces like the Innovation Lab, Robotics Lab, Advertising Lab, and more
- Even the city of Providence itself
Give it a try, and have fun exploring JWU!
Tour Our Downcity Campus
Tour our jwu providence - harborside campus for culinary education.
- Request information
- Start your application
- Request Information
Celebrate 175 Years of Rhodes
Self Guided Virtual Tour
Take your own virtual tour of rhodes.
Not able to participate in one of our live, in-person events? Explore Rhodes on your own time using our virtual resources below.
We’d love it if you could come visit our campus, but we understand that’s not always plausible for our prospective students. With our 3-D map, you can take a self-guided virtual tour , learn about our campus traditions, and get a sense of what our beautiful campus looks like. When you’re finished, you can peruse the map to find all sorts of nooks and crannies on campus!
We'd love to show you around our beautiful campus, but if you can't make it, we can offer you the next best thing: a 360-degree self-guided tour of many of a variety of places on campus you will get to know and love as a student.
Piyush Kumar ’17 reflects on his experience and what inspired him to continue at Rhodes as an Admission counselor after graduation.
"I wanted to go somewhere I felt like I belonged." ~ Piyush Kumar '17
At Rhodes, we are deeply invested in the wellbeing of everyone in our community. We're here to serve others and impact lives wherever and however we can. We seek to transform the world by equipping and graduating exceptional change agents who are fully prepared to reach their intellectual and creative potential.
The Residential Experience
"My first year I spent a lot of time in my dorm hall. Those guys and girls ended up being my first friends at Rhodes ... We all still are really close." ~ Mason Brown '17
Living on our award-winning campus doesn't just mean you're surrounded by beautiful architecture. It also means you're surrounded by friends, mentors, fellow scholars, and opportunities to serve, learn, play, and grow.
The Food & Dining Experience
“The Refectory is definitely one of the bigger hubs on campus, I would say between that and the library, that's where you can always find people to sit with and your friends.” ~ Mason Brown '17
Memphis has a rich culinary heritage that goes well beyond barbeque and, central to that, and to the way of life here, is that dining is a thing we do together. Rhodes has three on-campus dining options where students can relax, refuel, and connect with friends new and, after you've been here a while, old.
The Classroom Experience
“One of my most distinctive memories is that student-professor relationship.” ~ Mason Brown '17
The Campus Experience
“The library is absolutely beautiful and I could get my work done whenever I needed a nice place to kind of relax and work.” ~ Piyush Kumar '17
The Memphis Experience
“It was probably one of my favorite parts about Rhodes. I mean, you really can't talk about Rhodes without talking about Memphis.” ~ Piyush Kumar '17